About the Active Schools Grant
In partnership with Active Schools, Activity Works is proud to announce a brand new grant opportunity for 2019. Activity Works will select 50 schools to receive a free Activity Works school license for one year.
Activity Works’ cloud-based platform, for grades K-4, delivers scientifically-designed activity breaks to the classroom via exciting, cross-curricular video episodes. Each episode enhances core curriculum content and stimulates metabolism through multi-sensory, aerobic exercise. Teachers love that all of the content is standards-based and that the videos incorporate age-appropriate movements validated by experts for safety and effectiveness.
Activity Works has been used to:
- Maximize academic performance and combat obesity
- Improve attention, focus and on-task behavior immediately
- Increase oxygen flow and balance brain metabolism to support maximum achievement
- Heighten listening skills and improve vocabulary
- Help meet state mandates for physical activity
- Aid in transitioning students from one subject to the next
- Improve the overall health and wellness
In addition to being a best-in-class brain break, teachers report that Activity Works is a great classroom management tool. Anonymous surveys of nearly 2,600 responses show that 99% of regular using teachers would recommend Activity Works to their peers.